Saturday, February 6, 2010

Vegan Cheesy Potatoes

As often happens when I am stressed out and mindful of my pitiful income, I realized quite suddenly this morning that I was both insanely hungry and faced with a near-bare kitchen. All I had on hand was a well stocked spice cabinet and some scant leftovers from last weekends enchilada madness. Thanks, however, to the dynamic duo (alongside a quick call to mom for inspiration) I was saved. Thus I present to you : Vegan Cheesy Potatoes

Ingredients:

Potatoes (I used small Yukon gold potatoes, about 12)
Garlic (four cloves) and Olive Oil ( about a tablespoon)
One small yellow onion
Daiya Vegan cheddar cheese (shredded)
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper
Lime Juice (remains of Corona drinking!)

Slice potatoes as uniformly as possible and about half a finger's width. Chop up onion and garlic. Heat up olive oil in pan, dump in garlic, potatoes, and onion (yes I like them all in at once). Sprinkle on your seasoning and let cook. As potatoes start to get tender, give them some spritz of lime juice. Once potatoes are tender to your liking, sprinkle on some cheese, let it melt and mix it up, and then - enjoy!

Quite satisfying. Now time to make up the grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment