Sunday, January 24, 2010

Urth Cafe

Lovely lunch at Urth Cafe today. Despite its crowded popularity I enjoyed a wonderfully long lunch catching up with a couple friends over a soothing bowel of tomato and rice soup and a very dense slice of vegan chocolate cake. The rainy week washed away the smog and made for a very clear and sunny sky today. I was able to forget the anxieties plaguing me and the work awaiting me and just focus on the moment at hand which is a rarity for me.

Urth is hardly a buried treasure, and in fact I was rather late in discovering it myself, but when friends of mine come to visit LA I like to take them to Urth because it is a good place to dually satisfy a sincere desire for something organic, healthy, and full of character (by character I mean the homey design with a bookcase in the corner, fresh baked treats, and jars of tea leaves that belong in my great grandmothers kitchen) with the more indulgent desire of something socially crowded, a little decadent (by this I mean pricey coffee that looks like a work of art - see below), and indicative of Los Angeles hip & posh culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment